Tuesday 2 July 2013

How to make chocolate brownie cookies


These little beauties are gorgeous!! They've come about because one of the lovely ladies who attends my classes is dairy free. I like to bake for the students at my classes, so was looking for a dairy free recipe. I found a recipe I liked, but tweaked it a bit and now I'm going to share it with you! Be prepared- the dough needs to chill for AT LEAST 4 hours, overnight is even better. So if you want to make these cookies you have to be patient!

Ingredients (makes 32-36 cookies)
85g cocoa powder
400g caster sugar
125ml vegetable oil
4 eggs         
250g plain flour            
2 teaspoons baking powder            
a pinch of salt
60g icing sugar
What to do:
1. In a bowl, mix together the cocoa, caster sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until fully combined. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line baking trays with parchment. Roll dough into 2.5cm balls. Coat each ball in icing sugar before placing onto prepared trays. (Easiest way to do this is put the icing sugar in a bowl and roll the dough around inside it). I used 3 baking trays with 12 per tray. I won't lie to you- this is a sticky job. You might have to wash your hands a few times whilst doing this step. But 'stick' with it, they're worth it.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let stand on the baking tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
4. Enjoy!!
At the time of writing I still have some from the first batch we made (we have made another batch since that went into school for the teachers!) and four days on they are still very yummy. 
Let me know if you make them and what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Marie, will be making them as soon as I can, been waiting for this and I'm sooo excited :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow look great! I love the fact they are dairy free xxx

    ReplyDelete